Lulu's Story:

Lulu's Story: after all, she came first

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 38-39

I had a terrible dream about Lulu two nights ago. I came home to find her in her bed in the laundry room bleeding copiously from her nose, mouth and eyes. I panicked and insisted to Bill that we take her to a vet right away. It was very early in the morning, maybe 3 or 4 a.m. Bill was in no rush and I couldn’t understand why. We made our way to the car and Bill began driving aimlessly around. I suggested the Grayslake Emergency Treatment Center, but Bill said it was too expensive. We ended up there anyway and while sitting in their waiting room, we called other vet clinics. The whole time Lu is just bleeding and bleeding. We can’t tell from where the blood is coming; I’m covered in it too. I can’t believe she has this much blood to bleed. I’m afraid she might die. We reach Fox Lake Animal Hospital and I’m surprised they’re open. After some confusion with the receptionist we decide to take Lulu there instead. I look down and the plastic bag we have under Lu is pooling with blood. I look up and all of a sudden, my mom’s with us, out of thin air, you know how chance dreams can be. Anyway, my mom somehow slows the bleeding and determines that the blood is coming mostly from her nose which we can now see is half missing. It’s been bitten off and that’s not her only injury. She was alone with Gus when we found her. I’m disgusted and alarmed that Gus has done this to her. I can’t believe it. Then I wake up.

No comments: