Lulu's Story:

Lulu's Story: after all, she came first

Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 16

Lulu is recovering her spirits rapidly now. Last night, she put Gus in his place after he decided it was play time and Lu disagreed. Her response is not surprising since she has always been the alpha in the house, but it was the first time she plainly asserted her dominance since this whole thing began. Bill and I took them for a walk again today. We made sure to secure Lu better in the stroller since she's much more mobile than she was when we had her out the other day. In regards to her mobility, I took a video of Lu walking on her own today but it's sideways and I can't figure out how to remedy this. So instead, I've attached an older video showing Bill assisting her walk. Hopefully tomorrow I can post a new one showing her progress. Bill is taking Lu to get her stitches out tomorrow. I've attached an image of these as well. The clinic used purple sutures, I wonder if this is normal or if they choose these special for our girl? Out of curiosity, I measured the incision. It's only 4 inches long; it seemed much longer to me on her petite frame. I'm off to have dinner alone. Bill's working at the bar. It's our 14 year anniversary today from the day we met and began dating. I wish he were here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice lookin' wound!!! Healing well!
Kait x