Lulu's Story:

Lulu's Story: after all, she came first

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

IVDD Episode 2...day 11

I almost hate to admit this in fear that I may jinx it...late last night, after Mia was put to bed and Bill and I had our dinner, I began working with Lu on her therapy. Everything was progressing as normal, until I started on her hind legs. Part of the therapy for any paralysed individual, whether dog, cat or human, is to move the affected limb in the full range of motion. As I began to do this on the right hind leg, I sensed some resistance, but wasn't sure. I thought to myself, "Perhaps this is wishful thinking?" But that slight feeling of tension didn't seem to be going away, so I called Bill over to get his opinion. After a few minutes of manipulating her leg, he agreed; something was different. As we began to get our hopes up, we felt another change: the bicep muscle in that leg was twitching continuously. We sat there with her smiling, our hands on leg, enjoying the feel of a muscle coming back to life, at least we hope.

No comments: